Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Da Vinci Code is Great for Business

I thoroughly enjoy things that force people to (god forbid!) think. Not only that, but it gets people to talk. I was doing my usual water therapy, when somehow the topic found it's way to "how people handle Jehovah's Witnesses when they come to your door". It didn't take long for that subject line to find this weeks spectacle that everyone is up in arms about; The Da Vinci Code. There were two quotes from the better known actors of the movie (found below) that opened up the dark side of the Christians in the room.


Tom Hanks-

"I'm very happy to believe that Jesus was married," he said. "I know the Catholic Church has problems with gay people and I thought this would be absolute proof that Jesus was not gay."

News article found here.


Ian McKellen-

"Well, I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying this is fiction. I mean, walking on water, it takes an act of faith. And I have faith in this movie. Not that it's true, not that it's factual, but that it's a jolly good story. And I think audiences are clever enough and bright enough to separate out fact and fiction, and discuss the thing after they've seen it."

Audio and Video of this interview can be found here.


So the other people in the conversation were ranting on about boycotting all of Tom Hank's movies and how Ian McKellen is just a "sick old fart". These quotes are their just opinions, they are both very good actors it doesn't mean that any of their other movies aren't worth seeing or that they are mentally ill.

Though I can't play innocent, I refuse to watch Mel Gibson. Though not because of "The Passion of the Christ", mostly because I think he is a whack job in general, and it didn't help my favor of him that he stared in "Signs". I believe that all of M. Night Shyamalan's movies are acts of terrorism. Not because of his race, but because his movies are god-awful.


Back to the topic. This movie is something we should all take advantage of. Everybody is already talking about it. Why not have yourselves some fun with this?;)

If you would like to debate this topic, go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home